How To Use Green Tea Bags Under Eyes?
- Pieter Maas
– Share on Pinterest After steeping in hot water, a person should wait for the tea bags to cool down before applying them to the eyes. To make a cold or warm tea bag compress for the eyes:
Steep two tea bags in hot water.Squeeze out the liquid from the tea bags.To use as a warm compress, wait for them to cool down slightly.To use as a cold compress, cool them in the refrigerator.Place the tea bags on closed eyes for up to 15 minutes.Repeat as often as needed.
The eyes are very sensitive, so people should always be cautious when using tea bags for this purpose. Never use hot tea bags on the eyes, and stop using them if there is any irritation. Putting tea bags on the eyes may also be unsuitable for children.
Is green tea bags good for your eyes?
– Chamomile, rooibos, and green tea can be effective in treating and refreshing sore or red eyes. The anti-inflammatory properties of these teas may help to reduce any swelling or inflammation that accompanies irritated eyes.
Can green tea reduce dark circles?
Drinking green tea is linked with a host of health benefits including weight management, treating skin inflammation, and keeping Type 2 diabetes under control. However, it is common practice to throw away used tea bags after extracting green tea, But, what if we tell you that even used green tea bags can remedy certain skin problems? Juhi Parmar recently took to Instagram to reveal how one can use used tea bags to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Due to erratic sleeping habits, hectic schedules, and inadequate diet, dark circles, and puffy eyes have become increasingly common.
- Dark circles are a common problem most of us face due to the lives we live in this day and age.
- This Sunday, pamper yourself and your eyes, and that too with tea bags which are already used and readily available at home,” the actor wrote, demonstrating how used green tea bags can help you with the same.
She suggested refrigerating the tea bag for 15-20 minutes followed by rubbing it gently on the eyelids and under the eyes, “You can also just keep tea bags on the eyes for 15-20 minutes,” Juhi said. How does it benefit? *It helps in reducing the appearance of dark circles,
It reduces puffiness in the eyes. *It makes your eyes feel refreshed. Prior to this, Dr Dimple Jangda, an Ayurveda expert, too, had emphasised the benefits of using green tea bags for the eyes. “A rich source of phenolic compounds, cold black or green tea bags when kept on the eyes for 10-15 mins help reduce the appearance of dark circles,” she said, adding that caffeine can help narrow the blood vessels around the eyes and constrict blood flow.
She also suggested using grated potatoes, aloe vera, almond oil, and saffron to treat dark circles. “Grate a raw white potato, strain the juice and apply around the eyes; You can gently massage aloe vera around the eyes using your ring finger without applying too much pressure; You can mix almond oil with honey and apply it around the eyes; soak 2-3 strands of saffron in cold milk and apply around the eyes using a cotton ball,” the expert advised.
Does green tea lighten eyes?
Dry eyes can lead to unwanted swelling or inflammation around the eye area. Did you know that green tea bags can treat both of these seasonal side effects? Green tea is full of antioxidants and tannins that can shrink blood vessels around the eye, reducing puffiness.
- Green tea also contains vitamin K, which helps to lighten dark circles.
- Sips by is a personalized tea discovery subscription.
- Each month, we match tea drinkers across the U.S.
- With delicious teas from over 150 global tea brands that we’re sure they’ll love.
- Members receive 4 teas chosen just for them in every box.
Learn more about our tea subscription service.
Can I apply green tea on face overnight?
3) Can I Apply Green Tea on Face Overnight? – Yes, you can apply green tea to your face overnight. You can use green tea as a toner. After it dries, put on heavier skincare products like a moisturiser.
Do cold tea bags help bags under eyes?
Benefits of using tea bags on your eyes – Create a cold tea bag compress by wetting them and leaving in the fridge for a few hours. The cold compress will;
- Reduce dark circles under the eyes.
- Shrink bags under your eyes.
- Relieve pink eye.
- Soothe red eyes.
- Reduce puffiness.
- Ease minor eye injuries.
Alternatively, you can heat up your tea bags with hot water and put them on your eyes, once at the right temperature and this hot compress will help by;
- Reducing blepharitis.
- Draining a stye.
- Treating a chalazion.
- Relieving dry eyes.
- Offering a relaxing experience.
Is cold tea good for eye infections?
– Placing cooled tea bags on your eyes while they’re closed can be a way to relax and unwind. Some say that it can be an effective home treatment for eye infections. Some types of tea have anti-inflammatory, soothing properties. For example, studies have suggested that green tea, chamomile, rooibos, and black tea all have anti-inflammatory properties.